Gastric bypass surgery
Pre- and post-operative consultations and tests
All medication administered in hospital along with anaesthesia
Postoperative diet plan
Personal coordinator for all patient needs
3-night hospital stay including meals
7-night hotel stay including breakfast
Ground transfers during stay
Day 1 - Arrival
Arrival at İstanbul Atatürk Airport (IST)
Transfer to the hotel
Day 3 - 4 - Rest
Continue to rest at hospital
Day 10 - Departure
Transfer to airport for departure
If you are allergic to any drugs, please inform your doctor during the consultation.
If you're taking medications for chronic illnesses or if you have any other health conditions, inform the clinic beforehand.
Your surgeon may recommend a weight-loss regimen before your operation to ensure you are committed and as healthy as possible.
Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
Adopt a low-carbohydrate, high protein diet with the guidance of a nutritionist.
Eat little and often.
Properly chew your food.
Drink lots of water.
Take multivitamin, calcium, and vitamin D to support your nutrition intake.
Add in physical exercise.
You should avoid taking any NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen, for pain relief.
Plan and build a support system of family members, friends, acquaintances, and professionals.
Dr. Murat Cag, MD
Weight loss surgery
Medical degree - Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Memberships & Awards
Turkish Medical Association
French Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Association (SOFFCOMM)
American Society of Transplantation
- Duration of surgery (hours)
- Equipment manufacturer
- KARL STORZ
- Eligibility requirements
- - Min. 18 years old
- - Max. 60 years old
- - Min. BMI of 40 (35 if with obesity-related diseases)
- - Suffering from incurable obesity for at least 5 years
- - No change in the course of the disease as a result of diet change or drug treatment
- - Absence of endocrine diseases
- - No addiction to alcohol or drugs
- - Do not have a condition that prevents surgery
- Operating days
- Monday to Friday
- - Companion in a Double/Twin hotel room: +€20 per night
- - Companion can stay with patient during hospitalisation for free
- Extra nights
- - Single room: €50 per night
- - Double/Twin room: €70 per night
Special needs information
- HIV patients
- Case by case basis
- Hepatitis B and C patients
- Case by case basis
Your flight booking confirmation will secure your appointment.
Traveling by car or train? A deposit of 30% of the treatment cost is required.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- Bank transfer
- Cash (€, $, ₺)
No installment plans/no financing available but you can book your appointment up to 12 months in advance, giving you time to save.